land of decay
Monday, June 6
  In a manner of speaking "Δεν ελπίζω τίποτα, δεν φοβάμαι τίποτα, είμαι ελεύθερος" (Νίκος Καζαντζάκης)

Very wise quote. It gives off a certain power...because you know that if you do achieve having no fears and no hopes you shall be free. There is nothing that can harm you and nothing that can make you weak. But is that what freedom is like? Or is freedom a different concept all together? Isn't a man happy with himself and with what he has achieved, free, although he has his own fears?Although he dreams at night that fireworks explode in the sky and that the stars shine even brighter than before? I don't want to be free from hopes and fears.I want to resign myself to ideals, to people, to love. They give me a reason to keep on being. They give me a reason to have feelings. Anger, love, sadness, misery...isn't that what we are?I thought we were human...at least that's our constant excuse...or maybe it's just mine. 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Οι περιπέτειες μερικών τυχαίων ανθρώπων στα midlands. Τίποτα δεν είναι όπως το φαντάζεσαι...

ARCHIVES
June 2005 / July 2005 /


Powered by Blogger